Tour Host Philip Coppens has died
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing away of Philip Coppens on December 30. He had been hospitalized with a rare form of cancer.
Philip’s beloved and wife, Kathleen McGowan, posted this message on her page:
My eternal beloved, my grail knight, my poet prince has made his transition. He is in the arms of the angels. In his last words he asked that I thank you all for loving him so much. We were both so greatly blessed. Good night, sweet prince. My love for you knows no boundaries and no time.
Here are details about his memorial service and burial:
- The memorial service for Filip Coppens will take place on Tuesday, January 8th, at 11:30 am. This will occur at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, California. Please note that there are multiple memorial parks in Southern California owned by Forest Lawn, and ensure that you are going to Glendale, at the address provided below.
- The service will be a closed casket. However, those who wish to see Filip for one last time may attend a viewing the night before in the Forest Lawn Memorial Center. This will take place between 4:00 pm and 9:00 pm and these are open hours for coming to the viewing any time within that frame.
Forest Lawn Memorial Park
1712 S. Glendale Avenue
Glendale, CA 91205
- Visitation and Viewing:
Monday, January 7, 2013
4:00 pm to 9:00 pm, free visitation time between that period.
Upon entering Forest Lawn’s gates, you will see the complex of Tudor style buildings on your right. Go inside to the information desk and they will escort you to the room with the open casket.
- Memorial Service and Burial
Tuesday, Janaury 8, 2013, 11:30 am, Church of the Recessional
They can give you a map to the Church when you enter the gates.
- This will be a celebration of Filip’s life and legacy, followed by his burial in the Court of Freedom, adjacent to the labyrinth.
A labyrinth walk will follow the burial for those who are called to participate.
- We invite everyone who loved Filip to join us in this celebration of his life. All locations are wheel chair accessible.