The Heroine’s Journey
A Special Retreat Hosted by Kathleen McGowan & Demori Tours
A Celebration of Epic Living
September 20 – 23, 2013
Your only destiny is to live a life of fulfillment, one filled with love, joy and passion. But first you must step into that destiny. You must say YES to becoming the heroine of your own epic adventure through the miraculous landscape of life.
The heroine’s path is a complex and beautiful journey, one where we encounter challenges and celebrate victories, where we find love and loss, and embrace every moment of what it means to be blessedly and wholly human. But to be a true heroine, we have to be truly brave; we must have the courage to step in to the life that excites us and inspires us. So many of us wait for a safety net to appear before we have the strength to jump into a new experience. But this approach is doomed for failure and leaves us stuck in unfulfilling circumstances while we remain shackled to words like “someday.”
Because here is the secret: It is the energy of jumping itself that causes the safety net to appear. Or better still, when we jump really high, we sprout wings to soar, so we no longer need that safety net.
In this extraordinary three-day life-inspiring event, come together with your sisters from around the country for a series of workshops about what it means to be the heroine of your own exceptional life story. Led by visionary, bestselling author Kathleen McGowan, and facilitated by dynamic, experienced authors and practitioners, this retreat promises to be a transformational time for all who attend.
This will be the first public appearance in the United States made by Kathleen McGowan since 2010.
The Workshops Will Include Topics On:
– The Heroine in Every Woman: Finding inspiration from the most interesting and accomplished women in history, from Mary Magdalene to Mother Theresa, from Hatshepsut to Harriet Tubman, Boudicca to Anne Boleyn. This is Kathleen’s experiential and impactful workshop where we connect with a legendary heroine archetype and step into their shoes for inspiration.
– Secrets of the Book of Love: In the first workshop Kathleen has ever agreed to present on these sacred traditions, she will explain how the ancient practice of Hieros Gamos and Sacred Union have been nearly lost to us – and how we can reclaim them as we step in to our power as sensual priestesses through sacred partnership. We will explore the similarities and differences between Tantra and Hieros Gamos – and how the practice of sacred union can become the most profound of all spiritual experiences. This information has life-changing potential and is NOT to be missed by those women who are ready to step into the red veil and claim their power as a transformational priestess. There is a reason that these practices were outlawed and suppressed, and that the patriarchy did not want women to wield this power for the last 2000 years!
– Becoming a Queen: Take off your princess tiara and step up into the role that an empowered woman is meant to embody ~ that of a Queen. We will explore what it means to be a true queen, our willingness to assume responsibility for our lives, to be vessels of service for the higher good, and how it is only a queen who can transform a prince into a king.
– The answer is always YES – Now what is your question? The universe is always poised to say yes to you. When you know this and can live with this powerful knowledge every day, it can and will transform your life. But you need to be careful what you ask for and how you ask for it. If you think you understand the laws of attraction, and yet they aren’t working for you quite the way you had planned, this workshop is for you.
– Today is your Someday: Someday, I’ll travel. Someday, I’ll go back to school. It’s time to identify the dreams you have been putting on hold and go after them. Make every day your someday!
– I’ve Got A Crush On Me: How would your life change if you could see yourself the way that the Divine sees you? Connect and align with the stellar heroine inside yourself, all the while learning to bring more love, laughter and joy into your life.
– Breaking through FEAR: Explore where fear has held you back, where you cling to it because you believe it is protecting you, and what fears you are ready to release now. It’s time to face the fear, and banish it once and or all!
– Claim Your Power: Become aware of your personal power, set healthy boundaries & develop conflict skills to keep you empowered in your life. Do no harm – but take no abuse! Finding the power of the divine feminine within to move you through times of challenge and elevate you to new levels of strength.
– Give Yourself the Gift of YOU: Working from a place of deep self love is the path to true heart-centered and joyous living. With vibrational exercises and tools to strengthen your heart connections and help you to fall more deeply into self love.
– The Heart of Service: In order to change the world, we need to change ourselves first. But once we are on the path of that change, it is time to take a vow of service and make our commitment to creating heaven on earth. We can be – we must be – the change we wish to see in the world.
*Workshop note: As it is our desire to offer you the best program, workshops may change slightly
Attendance is strictly limited due to hotel capacity and the event is expected to sell out.
Early booking is highly recommended.
Kathleen McGowan is a record-breaking bestselling author whose work has been translated into 50 languages. Her visionary fiction series is based on two decades of research into the contributions of women to history and spirituality and includes the instant New York Times bestseller, “The Expected One”, and its bestselling sequels, “The Book of Love” and “The Poet Prince.” Her latest book is “The Ballad of Tam Lin,” the sensual retelling of a Scottish fairy tale with roots in ancient mystery school teachings. Kathleen is known internationally for her dynamic public appearances and is a sought after speaker and guest at conferences and on television. She has appeared as a guest on ABC, CNN, NBC and Fox News, including featured interviews with Diane Sawyer and Glenn Beck and is a regular contributor and presenter on the History Channel. Her non-fiction book “The Source of Miracles” was a selection of Oprah’s book editor when it was released in 2010. Kathleen is a fierce activist for the rights of women and children, and spends a portion of her time and resources as an activist against human trafficking through her work with the charity Made By Survivors.
Beth Tiger is a Self Love & Life Transition Coach who recently authored her first book, Balboa Press best seller “Rising From the Ashes of Divorce.” An inspirational speaker, her approach is no nonsense, fun, and edgy – yet always filled with great empathy and compassion. As owner of A Life Well Lived ~ Center for Inspired Living in Ramsey, NJ, Beth’s work is focused on individuals loving themselves and deliberately creating a life they enjoy. She empowers those she works with to face their fears, heal their own wounds and walk into the next chapter of their life excited about what is before them. She and her husband have recently formed Durga Tree International – a non profit which supports the growth of small charities around the globe who are working to eradicate human trafficking.
Eden Marie James
Eden Marie James is a therapist and counselor trained in 13 different healing modalities. Her college education in Psychology opened the doors to a path of self discovery that includes certification in hypnosis, behavior modification and release, NLP and nutrition. She is a national educator and trainer for Fortune 500 companies, owns a television production company and works as an activist combating police brutality and human trafficking. Eden recently completed her first children’s book called I Love My Feet and lives in Laguna Beach with her husband, daughter, dogs and frisky felines.
Theresa Byrne is a master instructor in several martial arts, as well as a nationally recognized defense expert appearing on television shows for ABC Family and SPIKE TV. Teaching you to empower yourself against anything that can cause harm, she owns a martial arts and fitness studio in Denver, Colorado. She is the founder of “Bling With Sting” a patented defense tool designed for women and creator of the exercise DVD “Fitness Revolution for Kids” www.RevolutionForKids.com. Theresa is also one of the few female instructors trained by International Police Defense Tactics Institute (IPDTI)and is also certified as an Anger Management Coach/Educator.
Susan Marek is a professional intuitive, teacher and author dedicated to facilitating spiritual growth and healing through her workshops, writing and personal mentoring. Using her experience as a Reiki Master and angel therapist, Susan empowers people all over the world to live an authentic, divine life filled with light and integrity by providing the tools and techniques for using their own sacred gifts. Susan is also the author of A Children’s Guide to Chakras, which was named a finalist in the About.com‘s annual Reader’s Choice Award competition. She currently resides in Oregon with her husband and children.
Mary Parent owns a wine shop in Arlington, Massachusetts, a town just outside of Boston. She is also one of the luckiest people on the planet, as she has been able to travel with her friend and spirit sister, author Kathleen McGowan, for many years. Mary understands that wine has been a sacred element for eons, and that it is rude to refuse the sparkling.
Larisa Stow & Shakti Tribe are here to wake, shake and create a vibration-raising revolution with their edgy blend of mantra-infused rock. Fronted by force of nature Larisa Stow, their music is an East meets West fusion of English and Sanskrit. Larisa’s captivating style & stellar vocals combined with her band’s impeccable musicianship earned them 2011 Malibu Music Award for World Music and have garnered main stage slots at numerous festivals in the US and abroad. They have appeared with spiritual and inspirational leaders, including Deepak Chopra, and are committed to affecting global change with their music.
Your Retreat Hotel
The Crowne Plaza Hotel Ventura Beach is the only hotel on the beach in Ventura and just two blocks from historic downtown, making it easy for guests to explore all the area has to offer.
Your Retreat Program
Day 1, Friday – September 20: Retreat Starts (D)
Arrival on your own to your reserved accommodations at the Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach hotel (for shuttle information, see below). Time to refresh yourself before your welcome dinner with wine, a program overview for the weekend and the opening of the exchange. Time to mingle with other participants and the presenters.
Day 2, Saturday – September 21: Retreat Continues (B/D)
We will all join for breakfast and a full day of workshops and discussion. Lunch is on your own, or you can use that free time to walk on the beach and assimilate the events of the morning before resuming for a full afternoon. In the evening, we enjoy a dinner with a lecture before we move onto the beach together to perform a multi-traditional candlelight ritual in celebration of the Autumnal Equinox.
Day 3, Sunday – September 22: Retreat Continues (B/D)
We will join for breakfast and afterwards move on to morning workshop. After lunch on our own, you can choose between: joining Kathleen in a labyrinth experience at a local church that has a Chartres-style labyrinth, or free time on the beach. An additional workshop before we have our goddess-themed dinner! You are encouraged to dress as your favorite goddess or simply to wear the attire that makes you feel like the goddess that you are! After dinner, we will all gather and enjoy a beach side champagne and dessert celebration with a special concert given by Larisa Stowe and Shakti Tribe.
*Be sure to bring your favorite Goddess attire for this event.
Day 4- September 23: Retreat Ends (B)
We will meet for our final breakfast and panel lecture led by Kathleen McGowan. We will conclude our time together on the beach with a special Heroine’s Journey ritual.
Your Retreat Includes:
- All Retreat activities including workshops, prayer circles and entry to exchange
- 4 days & 3 nights accommodations at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Ventura Beach
- Hotel taxes
- Daily breakfast
- Dinner every night
- Wine with dinner
- Champagne and wine reception
- Special “Dessert Buffet” with a lot of scrumptious goodies
- Coffee, tea & water breaks
Transfers to and from the hotel are not included in the retreat price. For transfer to and from the hotel, The Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach recommends: Smart Shuttle: 805-402-0202.
** Bonus! SAVE! You will receive a 5% discount if ALL payments are made by check or money order. This discounted price is noted below in red.
Price Per Person
Price Per Person in double room: $1,250 ($1,319 via credit card)
Single Supplement: $239 ($249 via credit card)
Extra Night Accommodations
Price Per Person in double room: $85 ($99 via credit card)
Single Supplement: $169 ($179 via credit card)
To confirm your reservation, a $300 deposit is required. Non-refundable deposits are payable online by credit card or by mail with your check or money order. Balance must be paid on or before August 3, 2013.
Please Read the Terms and Conditions for this Program
Body Mind Spirit Journeys highly recommends the purchase of Trip Cancellation / Interruption Travel Insurance, and we therefore provide you with an easy way to contact BMSJ’s preferred insurance provider, Allianz Global Assistance. If you need additional information or have questions, please call Allianz directly at 800-284-8300, and refer to code F025323.
For Flight Assistance and Ticketing, call: *631-459-1830
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please note that Horst cannot accept calls from blocked numbers. If your phone is blocked you must enter *82 and then wait for the dial tone before dialing.
Transfer to/from the Crowne Plaza Hotel:
If you need transfers to and from the hotel, please call
Smart Shuttle at 805-482-0202 and they can assist you.